J. Walter Thompson London – Job Located in London, England
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an Account Director to work on an award-winning innovative FMCG account. In this role you will lead major above the line and digital communication projects working as part of an integrated team, to deliver outstanding end results and managing all expectations on route.
You will be responsible for the overall planning, leadership, day to day management, account growth and profitability along with developing and maintaining strong client and agency relationships.
In this role, you will be working in a dynamic team, leading on all aspects of advertising and marketing. Experience in and a passion for championing and producing engaging and business-driving creative across a fully integrated channel mix is a must. In addition to more traditional ATL TV, press and OOH, digital and social media play a large and important role in campaigns.
You should be a strong strategic thinker, with a lead-agency background. Collaborating with a stellar planning team, we work closely with the Client as long-term business partners, steering the development of their brands and marketing strategies.
- Managing a team of clients and stakeholders, whilst developing trusted relationships
- Leading internal teams including planning, creative, project management, TV production and social management.
- Being responsible for commercial conversations, meeting and beating revenue targets and securing budgets at appropriate levels for the scope.
- Client and internal strategic guidance and directorship, leading people into the future of connected conversations and experiences.
- Aggressively pursue new ways to contribute to overall agency and client revenue and profitability.
- Ability to lead discussions in a persuasive way with senior clients and address client comments.
- Liaising with and cultivating relationships with client partner agencies from media, PR through to specialist platform partners such as Google, Facebook and Twitter.
- Understand the client business at the highest level in order to be a champion and create business opportunities.
- Assess and recommend tactics and strategies for building efficiencies, streamlining operations and enhancing the value of the agency to the client.
- Being bold and brave in driving an innovative digital and creative approach to ensure the agency is associated with award winning work.
- Maintained and demonstrable knowledge of digital trends and current industry issues, technological advances.Develop and train junior team members including an Account Manager who will report directly into you.
- Experienced Account Director from a leading agency preferably with FMCG experience.
- Articulate and engaging and generally a natural in front of senior Clients.
- ATL and digital experience is essential.
- Excellent strategic judgment.
- Strong presentation, organisation and communication skills.
- Eye for creative development and problem solving skills.
- A meticulous attention to detail, ensuring nothing falls through the cracks on projects or the day-to-day management of the account.
- Positive attitude and ability to motivate and lead teams at all times to achieve a successful end goal.
- Self-driven, strongly motivated, goal orientated, responsible and able to work and deliver independently.