Freelance Account Manager
J. Walter Thompson London – Job Located in London, England
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Account Manager will be a critical driver for delivering ground-breaking work and building a strong relationship with a relatively new client. This is an integrated role involving development of big budget campaigns from end to end – we need you to be part of strategic exploration, creative development, all the way through to production of campaigns across TV, press, shopper, online and OOH.
- Running some of your own smaller projects with limited oversight from the Account Director
- Communicating ideas and presenting creative work confidently and clearly to high profile clients
- Produce all standard account management documents quickly and efficiently (e.g. contact reports, status reports and timelines)
- Building good relationships with clients and becoming a trusted and safe pair of hands
- Managing client expectations on all levels and always aiming to over deliver
- Managing internal agency relationships in order to get things done in the most time and cost efficient way for your client
- Always pre-empting what might need to happen and be one step ahead.
- A driven Account Manager who has experience and a knowledge and understanding across a broad range of integrated channels; print, digital, CRM and social experience is essential. Demonstrating this knowledge and delivering added value within these areas to win the trust of a client under pressure and always looking for quick answers.
- Experience collaborating with and managing a number of stakeholders at all levels, both internal (planning, account team, project management, creative etc.) as well as external (clients, agency partners, 3rd party production houses etc.).
- You will need to be comfortable assuming the role of project lead in the delivery phases of a campaign, knowing when to involve the wider account team.
- FMCG experience is preferred, however a solid understanding and experience of working on a fast-paced account is essential.
- The ability to deal with client demands and turn them around quickly whilst maintaining a level head and a clear vision of what is the big strategic and creative opportunity for good work.
- You'll be able to judge when to stop and ask questions and when to get on with things. You will need to be comfortable with objectives that can change at a moment’s notice, and also when to challenge client feedback. So not just a process person, but someone with a good brain.
- As well as a perfect Account Handling process, you will need to be strategic, showing you have opinions and can produce output that moves the thinking on quickly and smartly – proactively working with the planning team. You must have a strong understanding of creative work in order to guide teams towards the kinds of solutions that are going to meet the business challenges we're facing.
- Given this is a global account, a flexible working style is required with occasional international travel.