Senior Payroll Coordinator
J. Walter Thompson New York – Job Located in New York, NY
At J. Walter Thompson we create pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business. We have been connecting brands with consumers and creating engaging stories that shift behavior for over 150 years. We currently have over 200 offices in 90 countries that contain 10,000 of the brightest minds in the business. We owe our growing success to the adoption of a set of simple principles we refer to as the 4 C's: curiosity, collaboration, capability and courage. It is the embodiment of these traits that makes J. Walter Thompson unique. It is also what we look for in potential new hires.
The Senior Payroll Coordinator is someone with multi-state payroll experience and working knowledge of PeopleSoft (Oracle) Software. This role will work within the Payroll department within a Global Advertising Agency.
A Day in the Life:
- Processing semi-monthly and weekly in-house, multi-state payroll.
- Work as a liaison with other departments (HR/Benefits/Accounting/Finance) to address form errors or missing items and to meet all reporting requirements.
- Communicate with employees regarding Payroll issues
- Processing and issuing payments to terminated employees
- Exposure to and management of highly confidential information
- Ability to read and interpret DOL laws and process all types of garnishments
- Processing W4s and state forms for multi-state jurisdiction
- General administrative tasks.
- Flexibility to take on ad-hoc projects as needed.
What you’ll need:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience (in payroll or processing multi-state payroll).
- High attention to detail and level of confidentiality – it’s people’s money!
- Personal accountability ranks high on this team!
- A team player who brings lots of energy and fun!
- Must be reliable, intuitive, capable, organized, and ready to work hard.
- Strong PC skills are required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law